I didn't sleep well the first night Kyler was gone because I didn't know for sure that all the connections were made in Dallas. Kyler arrived in Argentina at 7:25 am, Thursday, August 26th. Thursday's turn out to be his P-day in the MTC, so he was able to write a quick note home:
"Hey mom and family! This is my message just to let you know that I've made it here safely. :) The plane ride wasn't to bad the first one kinda stunk cause it was cramped but the next one was better ha ha even though it was longer. The seats we're more comfy and I slept most of the time. I'm excited to be here and can't wait to learn what everyone is saying. Hey our P day is on thursday so if you write i need to have it on a wednesday so i can read it by thursday. Thanks so much i love you guys have fun!"
He was so positive and upbeat. It was nice to know he was enjoying his new adventure!
It turns out, besides Elder Shaw (pictured above), they met another missionary, Elder Atkinson, in Dallas. All three of them were called to the same mission and have turned out to be the only three currently in the CCM going to Uruguay. They are the only missionaries in their district and have a "tripanionship" --as Kyler calls it.
No comments:
Post a Comment