Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The CCM - Week 1


I returned back to work the day after Kyler left. The manager, Joe Love, over the Welfare Canneries came into our office with another gentleman. When we told Joe that I had just put my son on a plane for the Argentina MTC the day before; the man with him poked his head into my office and said "I am from Argentina! I know the MTC president (I forget his name) and he is a wonderful man. He will have a wonderful experience there." Then he asked me, "How much did your son weigh when he left?" I told him about 155 lbs. He then told me, "He will leave the MTC weighing about 190 because the MTC chef is a wonderful cook. He used to cook for the Vatican in Italy."

This is an excerpt from Kyler's 2nd letter home:

The MTC or the CCM as its called here is awesome! There are a bunch of people here from Utah and they get new ones every three weeks. We're the latest bunch. The last one had like ten people in it so we are a really small district. We're atually the smallest one here. The next smallest has like six i think. The elders are totally awesome though and they help us out so much with all our spanish and everything. You're right the food is awesome the cooks are really nice and we still cant understand them.

Half the missionaries here are latino´s from all over south america.
Spanish is going well and we can already pray, bear our testimony and preach the first couple of principles from the first lesson in spanish and we can basically get by... kinda. They teach you so fast here. They basically pound it into your head whether you want it or not. We go to bed tired every night with our brains burned out but they say if they're not burned out then you are doing something wrong ;) I've been writing in my journal every night and i plan on keeping it up. I love it here and I've felt the spirit really strong in different situations.

The week after Kyler's farewell was another Elder's homecoming (Braden Awerkamp) in our ward. He sat in the same seat Kyler had sat in the week before. After he spoke, I thought, "If my son can come home with that kind of testimony, two years will only be a small investment." I sure look forward to that experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment