I kept looking at previous posts hoping that it really hadn't been as long as it had since I added to Kyler's Blog. I didn't do much better in keeping their baby books. Sure glad they keep perfect records in heaven...sigh!
Just a short run down of what has happened since the last post--7 MONTHS AGO!!
-Kyler got a new companion (staying in his first area) named Elder Empey. He is from Alpine, Utah which is only 10 miles from where we live. I actually met Elder Ashby's father by sheer "coincidence" when he came to the Lindon Cannery where I work. The Hendrickson/Empey companionship was already finished when we met and Kyler had moved on to a new area, but a twist of circumstances had crossed their mision paths for a 2nd time just about the same time I met Brother Empey.
Elder Empey had hurt himself on a p-day activity and was having a lot of back pain from it. He couldn't walk without being in a lot of pain. This was just a few days after changes had happened, so his companion was new to the area. Kyler, on that same change, had been moved into the office to be over the statistics of the mission and help President Heaps. But, since he knew the area where Elder Empey and Elder Smith were, and Elder Empey was having a hard time with the work because of his injury, they transferred Kyler back to Montevideo and brought Elder Empey into the office where he could rest his back and still be actively working in the mission.
When Kyler got back to Montevideo, he found one of his investigators, Mauricio (in picture), had overcome his set backs and had been baptized. He was very happy to be able to see him again. They also put him right back into playing the piano in the ward. So it was like "coming home" in a sense.
Kyler was supposed to be moved back into the office on the next change, but President Heaton decided instead to move him to his current area (as of this posting), Frey Bentos, and make him a district leader. Kyler was a bit shocked since he hadn't been out the "normal" amount of time before being put into that kind of position, but he faced it with a "I will go...I will do" positive attitude that has infused his mission. (see upcoming post on Frey Bentos)
No comments:
Post a Comment